Soft and hard CNC machining
We manufacture components with advanced geometries and demanding tolerances for dimensions and surfaces. Soft and hard CNC machining is an important part of the production processes.
Swedish Powertrain has over 700 CNC machines and expert knowledge in all the aspects of CNC machining, such as:
- Design for Manufacturing (DFM).
- Cutting technology
- Clamping design and manufacturing
- Control systems and programming
- In-line quality assurance
To be competitive – we continuously develop the processes internally as well as in cooperation with leading suppliers and research centers regarding cutting technology and machinery.
Example of machine types and processes:
Milling and Drilling
- Machining centers for milling and drilling with 3, 4, and 5 axis. With and without pallet changer.
- Machining centers with Flexible Machine Systems (FMS) setup.
- Machining centers with high speed spindles for efficient aluminum machining.
- Long hole drilling machines, for gun- and ejector-drilling.
- Horizontal turning machines with and without tailstock, 1 or 2 turrets. 1 or 2 spindles.
- Vertical turning machines.
- Turning machines with bar feeder.
- Multifunctional turning machines with large storage of tools and milling spindle head with Y- and B-axis and sub spindle.
Splines and gear cutting
- Broaching of splines & keyways, internal and surface.
- Cold forming machines for splines, both Grobe and rolling.
- Gear-cutting machines for milling, shaping and shaving.
- Gear-grinding, generative and profile grinding
- Hard drilling.
- Combi-machines for hard grinding and hard turning.
- Grinding, ceramic and cubic boron nitride (CBN). External and internal.
- Centerless grinding.
- Honing, holes and external.
- Super finishing.